Thursday, February 5, 2009

Be A Blessing

You never know how & when God is going to use you to be a blessing to someone. You never know how he may use something in scripture that he has shown you to be a blessing to someone else. This happened to me earlier this week. I was studying a passage and it really spoke to my heart. It reminded me of the awesomeness of God and how he is in absolute control in spite of our circumstances. On this particular day I attended a luncheon with some friends. During our prayer time a friend shared with some of us some things that were happening in his life. Immediately the Holy Spirit spoke to my heart, reminding me of the passage I had studied earlier that morning. It paralleled in an amazing way what my friend was going through. It was my privilege to pray for my friend that day and in my prayer share the passage and its truths the Holy Spirit had shown me earlier that morning. My friend was encourage and very moved, and so was I. I take absolutely NO credit for this. It was all of God! I almost did not attend the luncheon that day, but I am glad I did. I was reminded from this experience that from time to time, in spite of ourselves, God can and does use us, and what he teaches us, to be a blessing and encouragement to others. Galatians 6:10 says, "Whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone, especially to our Christian brothers and sisters." (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment