Friday, February 20, 2009

Stressed Out and Strung Out?


I recently came across an article written by Dorothy Synder, a freelance writer from Jefferson City, TN. In the article she writes, "With all the time-saving inventions at our disposal, you'd think we would have more leisure time than ever before. Unfortunately, the opposite seems to be true. The ease with which we get caught up in the chaotic world of cell phones, computers, fax machines, and e-mail can make us feel scattered and stressed."

Read carefully these words from the Psalmist:
Ps 23:1-3 - The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul (NASB)
Ps 46:10 - Cease {striving} and know that I am God (NASB)

Are you feeling "scattered and stressed today"? Why not pause for a moment and prayerfully reflect upon the meaning and the blessings of these verses!

No comments:

Post a Comment